Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Books That I Like..

The Night I Followed the Dog
Written & illustrated by Nina Laden

10 x 9.625 | 32 pages | Ages 4-10 | Chronicle Books | Published in 1994 | ISBN 9780811806473

I have a dog. Nothing exotic or special, just an ordinary dog. In fact, I always thought he was a boring dog. What I mean is, he can fetch, roll over, and shake hands, but mostly he sleeps and eats. Or so the little boy in this story thinks, until one morning when he opens the door a little early and sees his dog jump out of a limousine. That night he decides to follow his dog, and that's when the fun starts. Before he knows it, he has entered the little known world of doggy glamour. His dog, distinctly reminiscent of Humphrey Bogart, treats him to a nighttime adventure where he learns where dogs go to relax and sees what they do while their masters are fast asleep. A terrific read aloud, Nina Laden's story will have everyone captivated by the coolest dog around.





Romeow and Drooliet
Written & illustrated by Nina Laden

10 x 9.625 | 44 pages | Ages 8 and up | Chronicle Books | Published in 2005 | ISBN 9780811839730

Adults familiar with the classic love story will delight in the many references to the original play, all of which make this a rarity: a children's book they want to read again and again. And young children who know nothing of the Bard will be riveted by this funny yet touching tale about Romeow the cat and Drooliet the dog, two star-crossed lovers who meet by chance, marry in secret, and are kept apart by a snarling rottweiler, appalled owners, and the animal control warden. The clever details throughout the book belie the careful research behind this homage to true love won and lost - and in the case of this book won again - proving once and for all that dogs and cats can be friends.



Books I Like Also..

7 comments:

LOVE said...

hey. thnks fr dropping by. :)

Unknown said...

That's an interesting book.

I must confess

BADZ said...

interesting love story.. hhihihi.. have u seen the CAT-DOG cartoon? hihihi

Charmaine D. said...

good books, huh. :)
anyway, dropped by. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Wednesday! Bloghoppin' here... Hey, I have an interesting tutorial for you that I have written myself. It is about adding Adsense on your Single Post in XML template. I hope you'll like it! God Bless you!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am one of the silent reader of your blog. I enjoy reading your posts. This time I've added you in my top blog list.
If you have any change and want any change in the list then please do inform me. I hope you'll to love to add me in your blog list.
HapBlog Bloglist

randy said...

Hi, very interesting post thanks for sharing. Can I contact your through your email. Thanks!

Randy
randydavis387 at gmail.com